Monday, July 31, 2006

I skipped my 8:30am service yesterday because I was tired.

The other musicians told me that the Choir Director chose to sing a song that we hadn't rehearsed.

Imagine that!

When I got to my 11am service, the youth choir was virtually non-existent. We didn't have enough people to sing all that stuff we rehearsed on Wednesday night.

Visualize that!!

Should what we do really be called "entertainment?" Just because it's in the Church does it become "a horse of a different color." Doesn't the process of "Preaching" appear entertaining at times??? Let's go to our scripture for the day:

1 Corinthians 1:21 For when the world with all its earthly wisdom failed to perceive and recognize and know God by means of its own philosophy, God in His wisdom was pleased through the foolishness of preaching [salvation, procured by Christ and to be had through Him], to save those who believed (who clung to and trusted in and relied on Him).

Again I ask myself, "What am I doing this for?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home